Sunday, November 13, 2005

Present from Hangzhou

My good friend Greg, who has spent the last year as an English teacher in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China, moved in with me yesterday. As requested, he brought me some wonderful Longjin tea, which is grown in the hills outside of the city. He got it as a gift from a student of his, who purchased it directly from a farmer. I've tried some passable examples before, but this stuff has that delicateness that makes truly excellent green teas so pleasurable to imbibe. The most notable thing about this tea is this elusive nutty taste; imagine the most delicate marzipan you've ever tasted. The leaves are the smallest I've ever seen- less than half an inch. I imagine the delicate nature of this tea makes it difficult to ship in large quantities. Plus it came in a pretty box. Score, I'd say. I promise to have pics soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home